The Unconquerable Soul

Though one should conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, he who conquers his own self, is the greatest of all conquerors! ~ Gautama Buddha

Monday, January 02, 2006

It's a New Year!

It's a new day
Open my eyes and my path is clearer
It's a new day
Pushing ahead till my goal gets nearer

It's a new day
Spread my wings
I'm doin' things my way
{It's a new day}
Sung by Patti Labelle

My grandmama taught me the church sayin’, “When the praises goes up, the blessings comes down.” And this year I’m going to praise him like I’ve never done before. This will be a year of REJOICE.

2005 was a year of tremendous growth for me, build on hardcore foundation for what lies ahead. I have many aspirations for 2006. Unlike past years I am expecting tons of adversity to match it. When I’m doing things my way, something or someone is going to attempt to discourage me from pursing my goals. But, I’m going to KEEP ON PUSHIN till my goal gets near.

Right now, I feel like Celie after she tells Mister she is leaving with Shug. That knife is in my hand and I’m ready to use it because I’ve done been through the storm and I realized that it wasn’t my fault. Like Celie, I know there is something better out there for me. It doesn’t matter because I’m this or I’m that. I’m HERE! And I’m thankful that I had the opportunity to bring in another year.

As the song by Israel and New Breed says, “Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say, again I say Rejoice.” It’s another year to celebrate, grow, love, learn and teach. This year also marks my 25th year on this earth!

So, if you see me and I’m glowing... It’s not because I’m pregnant, LOLOL! It’s because I know something we all should know and that’s GOD IS GOOD ALL OF THE TIME and ALL OF THE TIME… you know the rest.

Peace and Prosperity in 2006!

REJOICE!

15 Comments:

Blogger admin said...

Happy New Year!

January 02, 2006 11:04 PM  
Blogger prodigalsun said...

Well, I am glad you aren't knocked up... lol

Anyway, 2006 is going to be a phenomenal year. You are doing your thing already, but this year we are all going to knock it out of the stratosphere.

Make big moves this year.

January 03, 2006 12:26 AM  
Blogger Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

Glory be to God!
He is worthy to be praised!

How happy it is to hear you speak in this manner. The spirit moved in me as I read this post.

Amen Brother Amen

May your new year be filled with Virtue.

January 03, 2006 12:32 AM  
Blogger ClayStarr said...

God is good.

January 03, 2006 9:05 AM  
Blogger @GaryTylone said...

You sure you ain't pregnant?? Lol Much blessings in the new year !

January 03, 2006 10:28 AM  
Blogger the young people's professor said...

(miss celie voice; cutting my eye at Mister) "i may be black...but, I'se here! I'se here!"

January 03, 2006 11:11 AM  
Blogger Waddie G. said...

Happy new year...this post really shows how religious you are...that's good.

January 03, 2006 3:18 PM  
Blogger Troy N. said...

Amen!

January 03, 2006 4:21 PM  
Blogger The Divo said...

You know, this is the post of the season. Speaking of seasons... (I feel a Preaching comin')

Everything that lies ahead, has already been laid out for you. Your task, should you choose to accomplish it is to get there without delay, and accept the responsibility of the drama getting there.

"Just because the forecast calls for rain, doesn't mean that it's going to rain all day, take the umbrella and be prepared."

You are well too grounded, and I know that all that is promised you is in the wings to take hold of you.

So in the words of the Kurt Carr Song "Set the Atmosphere", "There's a blessing in the room tonight, and it's yours.... Reach up and Get it"

Revelation not Resolution...
What was your Revelation from God?

January 03, 2006 11:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

There's someone who said that when u finally decide who you are, the everything that you're not surrounds you. So rejoice in adversity, because that is a sure sign that you're on the right path.

I love ur blog, man.

Me.
Feliz ano novo.

January 03, 2006 11:34 PM  
Blogger WiseYoungMan said...

Congrats how you get everything you desire and more....

Just my thoughts.

January 04, 2006 11:32 AM  
Blogger N4R said...

GOD IS GOOD!

January 04, 2006 6:05 PM  
Blogger Stone said...

I feel you man this will be a year of rejoicing. This is a good year already

January 05, 2006 5:30 AM  
Blogger M-Dubb said...

That's the way to do it man!

Happy New Year!

January 05, 2006 6:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best wishes and fulfilled dreams to you.

January 06, 2006 1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter