The Unconquerable Soul

Though one should conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, he who conquers his own self, is the greatest of all conquerors! ~ Gautama Buddha

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Montreal Trip and Top Five Wednesday



This past weekend, I had a trip to Montreal. I LOVE THAT CITY! I truly needed some time away from the New York Area. My host was incredible! Unfortunately, my two years of French didn't help me out at all, LOL! Luckily, my friends up there are bilingual (if that's the word).

Saturday we went to a club called Jello in Saint Laurent (I think that's the spelling). I had SOO MUCH FUN! They had a live band singing/rapping hits of the 70s through the 90s. Off the chain! In the VIP area the dj was spinning old school hits, I was impressed with the amount of diversity as well as the lyrical knowledge of the patrons. When they played OPP by Naughty by Nature, these folks knew more lyrics than me, LOL.

I also was amazed at the stores in the downtown area! It seems like the people of Montreal are really fashion forward. Oh yeah, it was Cold as F..K! Everyone had a darn scarf on... it was too funny.

I'm go glad I was able to get away, even if it was only for a weekend. I'm seriously trying to hit up chi-town and Vegas before April lets keep our fingers cross.

******************************************************

I know Top Five Wednesday has been gone for a while. I have been very busy. I am getting ready for 2006! I am ready for 2006! I am ready for 2006! LOL

Top Five Favorite Christmas Movies

5. Miracle on 34th St - This movies is a Classic! Do you believe in Santa Clause? I completely forgot about this movie until one of my friends mentioned it to me last night. I love all of the versions especially the original 1947 version staring Maureen O'Hara, John Payne, Natalie Wood, Edmund Gwenn! Great story!


4. Home Alone - Can y'all remember the first time you saw Home Alone? I can't. I've watched the movie many times. I wanted to be Macaulay Culkin. I would have killed that role, I still can, LOL!





3. Santa Clause - Tim Allen rocks! I love movies family movies like this one! When I watch, I wish I was the little boy and my dad was the one who was becoming Santa. I think I need therapy, LOL!




2. The Preacher's Wife - Whitney and Denzel did the darn thing! The soundtrack was off the meters! A lot of the movies was filmed in my old town of Newark, so you know I have to love it! The little boy name rocks.. hehehe. Whitney killed I believe in you and me. And tell me y'all wasn't jamming at the end when they sung Joy... and the joys was coming from all over the place, lefting your spirit. Dang, I need to download these songs on my new pc.. (Go Me!)

1. Scrooge - This is my all time favorite Christmas movie. It never gets old! I'm talking about the Scrooge that started Bill Murray. As a young boy, I was so scared when the Ghost of Christmas future. I loved the scenes in the homeless shelter. And even the end performance when they start singin. Can I say tear jerker? LOL Someone needs to buy me this movies for Christmas! HELLO! LOL!

What are some of your favorite Christmas Movies?

10 Comments:

Blogger lj said...

My top 5 would be:
1. National Lampoons Christmas Vacation.
2. A Christmas Story( TNT plays it for like 8 days straight every Dec.)
3. Scrooged
4. Charlie Brown Christmas Special
5. Home Alone-Just a classic.

December 07, 2005 10:07 AM  
Blogger Dubbed As Trent Jackson said...

Home alone was tha biznass

December 07, 2005 2:35 PM  
Blogger Marz said...

I like the Christmas Carol with the Muppets.

I used to feel Home Alone, but my sister begin to watch that movie twice a day, last year.

I HATE IT SO MUCH NOW.(LOL)

-Marz

December 07, 2005 7:24 PM  
Blogger Avowed_Southern_Democrat said...

I did Montreal this past summer. Was not brave enough to attempt speaking the language. I had two years in high school and 2 yrs in college. My reading of French is better than my speaking it. That made getting around much easier than otherwise would have been the case. Now Toronto is probably my fave city. The signs are in both English and French which is less stressful to us foreign language challenged deep South born & bred African Americans. Shem hotep!

December 07, 2005 10:29 PM  
Blogger Stone said...

I loved, "The Preachers Wife" Whitney in the resturant and song, "my heart is calling". that was the shit

December 07, 2005 10:53 PM  
Blogger Cash S. said...

I have never seen the Preachers Wife, I'll have to take a look at it!

December 08, 2005 10:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

man, yes, love the preacher's wife ...

i have never been to montreal, must make a visit now that you have intrigued me

December 08, 2005 12:33 PM  
Blogger admin said...

It's great that you got away for a weekend. Funny that you say the people in Montreal appeared fashion forward to you. I felt the same way about the people in Madrid, Spain.

December 08, 2005 5:07 PM  
Blogger dugla said...

That's it... Canada is my next destination. I've been trying to get to toronto forever!!! All that stuff you said... that's what i heard, so its on!!

December 08, 2005 10:35 PM  
Blogger @GaryTylone said...

How could you forget A Christmas Story???? Montreal seems nice...Was it affordable???

December 11, 2005 8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter