The Unconquerable Soul

Though one should conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, he who conquers his own self, is the greatest of all conquerors! ~ Gautama Buddha

Monday, November 21, 2005

50 things about me

I wrote this list a couple of weeks ago. I'm super busy at work and wanted to post something. The list doesn't have any numbers because when I copied and pasted the numbers erase (hey, that rhymes, lol). Anyway, its 50 things about me, the other 50 coming soon! Hope everyone had a great weekend!


I am the oldest of 3.

My favorite types books are autobiographies.

The autobiography of Malcolm X is my favorite.

I have two best friends

That still don’t know about me

I’m a sucker for a good drama

I am a harpist

I played the tuba in high school (yeah, big difference)

I can’t stand heartless and selfish people

I believe in Karma

This summer I’ve learned that relationships can be a lot of work

I don’t want to be famous, just well known for my talents

My life is and will always be deeply entrench with helping the less fortunate

I hope the Katrina Relief Grassroots Movements will spend off with empowering our people before another catastrophic event.

It pisses me off that our people needs a tragic event like Katrina to raise money and cry, when there are millions of black people in our local area who are living in poverty, homeless, unemployed and filled will self-identity issues.

I love to stay home to read or watch tv

I LOVE THE L Word

I have my first sexual encounter when I was 15

It really hard for me to budget my money, but, the last month, I’ve been doing a good job with my business

When I was arrested at the Republican National Convention back in 2000 for six days, I vowed that I must find a way to work within the system in efforts to empower our community.

I am very impatient

I am very critical of others and myself. (only a few select people know this, because I don’t like to say negative things to people.)

Once the Black Church becomes united and stand for all people, it will be a driving force to revolutionizing the US racial and poverty barriers.

I think a lot of people put on a FRONT, including myself (a few times a year, LOL).

I will die a happy man, once I find the love of my life.

My dark side is rarely shown.

One thing that I admire about myself is my compassion.

I have a wide network of people.

It’s hard to keep in contact with those people

I didn’t live in the projects, but I’ve lived in some roach infected places in my life. (I hate roaches)

If I won a million dollars, I would spend half to purchase my mother a home in her name (its her dream).

My mother and grandmother were both victims of domestic violence from their husbands

They are my source of inspiration.

I wish my dad was in my life like I need him to be

I miss his $600 a month child support I received until I was 22

It’s a damn shame that every American does not have health care

I think there are a couple of bloggers who I will be a friend with for the rest of my life.
Some bloggers have amazing talents that will make them into some of tomorrow national leaders in many endeavors.

At times, I have anxiety problems; it tends to happen when I have to many events going on at one time.

I’m in the process of growing out my hair. I’m making an attempt to bring back the AFRO. Something like Cornel West. (that changed last week, lol)

I don’t know where would I be, if I didn’t become a member of my church this year.

It’s really hard for me trust someone I’m involved with because of pass experiences.

I love to play spades, but rather play Bid-wiss. Unfortunately, there aren’t many folks in the northeast that don’t know how to play.

I’m trying to give up pork.

Dorothy Height is one of our living legends, whose story is often unspoken.

I believe the black community needs to focus on education.

I moved in with three of my frat brothers in September. We have a one family house. I love it. But, I would love it more if they would clean up.

Kwesi Mfume is one of my heroes

I wish I was born in the mid-fifties.

God is truly the center of my life.

THE END

16 Comments:

Blogger Stephen A. Bess said...

Unconquerable Soul-
What's up. I need to try the fifty things post one day. Tell me, if you were born in the mid-fifties what would be your place in the movement? As a matter of fact, let's say you were born right after Emmett Till was killed in 1955.
Sometimes, I feel that I was here before. I'd like to think that I was some radical dude that helped to spark change, but I was probably a quiet Jewish man living in seclusion somewhere in Queens. :)

November 21, 2005 3:30 PM  
Blogger admin said...

Great blog entry. Giving up pork? If you like pork bacon, try Esskay's turkey bacon. It looks and tastes like pork bacon, moreso than other brands of turkey bacon.

And yes, I am single and don't wanna be. :/

November 21, 2005 4:49 PM  
Blogger Cash S. said...

Cool post! I'm a STRONG believer in KARMA as well!

November 21, 2005 5:00 PM  
Blogger Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

Uh oh, he's trying to grow a fro.
You go brother.

November 21, 2005 5:55 PM  
Blogger Quaheem said...

You can also try BEEF bacon...:-D

And Karma is a blonde haired bitch indeed!!!

November 21, 2005 6:59 PM  
Blogger Pamalicious said...

I found out much to my horror that most turkey bacon is 'dipped in pork fat' read the back! As well as hilshire farms beef sausage etc. is cased in pork intestine - Lawd have mercy! Just get you some beef bacon it's like $1000 a package, lol but good. And I enjoyed your 50

November 21, 2005 7:55 PM  
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Yes LAWD! You are one IMPATIENT something or other. And um, which bloggers will you be friend with for the rest of your life?

*It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day in the neighborhood, won't you be mine...won't you be mine?"

Coming Into Reality,
-Jamal

November 21, 2005 10:57 PM  
Blogger The Divo said...

This is such a moving post.
It has to be nice when you can force yourself to sit down and write about a hard subject which is you.

I enjoyed your revelations of yourself. Especially, how you reveal so much of you, leaving just enough to confuse us and think that you are someone else.

I hope that I am one of those talented people, I wouldn't pin myself as a friend. I don't know if that would match quite yet. (no shade)

For real, this entry makes me want to go and write fifty comments about myself. I am too scared to write 1, I have always been told, that I talk to much and that I am concieted. So I wont try doing this excersise any time soon.

November 21, 2005 11:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

very good post dude ... i feel like i learned something about you!

November 22, 2005 11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo nice blog..btw I feel you on that 'Tasia moment..Take care and keep your head up..If you believe it..you will find a way to make it happen

November 22, 2005 6:26 PM  
Blogger Avowed_Southern_Democrat said...

Hey Unconquerable. Now that you recognize this "[i]t’s really hard for me trust someone I’m involved with because of pass experiences," it is up to you to take those life experiences, turn them into forces for positive change but don't let them make you cynical or distrusting. Perhaps the folks who did you wrong were the wrong type of people to have gotten into a relationship with. Figure out who they are (were), then find the right type of "friend" with whom you can be passionate and trusting. You will know them when you see them by their passion and trust. Now about being born in the fifties, let me tell you - it was no picnic. Every generation has its difficulties. One of the sad realities for us baby boomers is the number of comrades who fell to AIDS early on before their was diagnosis and education about it. A number of my friends died of pneumonia or other un-named causes.

Send me a photo when you get the Cornel West look. I think I'll skip this look as I have already had the experience of maintaining the 'fro. Shem hotep!

November 23, 2005 11:17 AM  
Blogger Waddie G. said...

I love this list because I get to learn alot about people, and I keep saying that I am going to do my list...one of these days

November 24, 2005 10:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"I will die a happy man, once I find the love of my life."

Every consider that you are the one you've been looking for?

Me.

November 25, 2005 12:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice list of things. I still can't see why you were arrested in at the Republican National Convention. That is a very precious organization for the advancement of all people. LOL

November 25, 2005 1:09 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

I don't think that I would have survived the 40's or 50's. I would have resisted discrimination and would have been in a lot of trouble.

November 25, 2005 10:35 PM  
Blogger Carmie Escobar said...

Hi There...I was takin a break from finals and went blog searchin. Came across yours and read for hours. Your words are insightful, honest and bright. They've certainly helped take my off somethings. Thanks for sharin

December 06, 2005 10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter