The Unconquerable Soul

Though one should conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, he who conquers his own self, is the greatest of all conquerors! ~ Gautama Buddha

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I am so happy the election season is finally over. Most of the candidates I've been reading about from across the country won, except for Jass Stewart. I really hoped that I would get a chance to assist his campaign. A pray goes out to him and his family.

The year is finally coming to a close and I'm still excited about what's going to happen within the next two months. I am truly feeling blessed today!

The Top 5 Wednesday topic for today is....

Top 5 things I can't wait for (in the next two months)

5. Lost Prophet - Tonight, I'm picking up the biography of Bayard Rustin, Lost Prophet. Last year was the first time that I've heard about this unsung hero. He was the main organizer behind the March on Washington (I bet some of y'all didn't know that.) From what I've heard about him, he is a true unconquerable soul. I think this will be a tear jerker.

4. The Color Purple, the musical - The Color Purple is my favorite movies. I know y'all black folks are saying the same dang thang. But, IT IS MY MOVIE! MY FAVORITE MOVIE! LOL Anyway, its on Broadway and sista Winfrey gave the production some money so you know its going to be great. I'm kinda nervous that it's a musical. I'm trying to wait and see it with my church, but I think I may have to go with some friends during the week of Christmas.

3. Shedding off. November 1st, I started a new workout plan. I'm tryna shed a couple of lbs before New Years! Last year, I killed it! This year folks better watch out! Oh yeah, my jump roping skills is UP! Can't nobody tell me nothing!

2. Rent - I saw Rent on Broadway a couple of years ago. I absolutely love "Seasons of Love," especially Stevie Wonder or Frenchie's version. When I first heard about it being filmed, I secretly wanted to get a small role in it, LOL! I've been anticipating this movie for the entire year. When i see the trailers, I get all getty and start singing with them. Y'all don't know about my theatre vocals, LOL! (y'all may not want to know!)

1. Visitor - I have a special visitor coming in mid-December. I am so excited and I just can't hide it. I am certain we are going to have an enjoyable time with each other.

Honorable Mention: Mary J. Blige Seventh Studio Album, Radio City Christmas Show (going with Visitor, it will be our first time)

What are some of the things y'all anticipating?

9 Comments:

Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

You know what...right now I have no idea what I'm anticipating in terms of a short term goal.

Coming Into Reality,
-Jamal

November 09, 2005 12:06 PM  
Blogger Stephen A. Bess said...

I'm looking forward to spiritual growth this coming year. I love the movie/book The Color Purple, however, I don't know if I am pressed to see it on stage.
By the way, Bayard Rustin was a bad dude. He introduced MLK,jr. to the teachings of Ghandi and the non-violent approach. I wanted to read that as well. I'm sure that I will eventually.

November 09, 2005 12:22 PM  
Blogger Didi Roby said...

My trip to Florida in Dec:)

Meeting my Crush face to face more sooner then later:)...and

Sleep right about now!

November 09, 2005 2:15 PM  
Blogger MZPEACH said...

What is a RHO?

November 09, 2005 6:40 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

So many things....my daughter graduating and being a Delta Sigma Theta debuntante, and visiting colleges this year....not looking forward to the empty nest syndrome though...seeing my neice this weekend...and eventually writing the book that becomes.....the it!

November 09, 2005 11:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wow man ... some of the things i am excited about?

a few things actually, i am looking forward to spending the holidays with my family, which i love ... i am looking forward to meeting someone which happens to me around this time usually, so we will see what happens ... i am looking forward to being able to experience another year end and the beginning of another ...

and i am looking forward to looking forward to something. its like meeting someone for the first time, the excitement, etc ...

November 10, 2005 11:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh yeah i am looking forward to things working out for many of my friends who are in new relationships or meeting people or growing the relationships they are in ...

November 10, 2005 11:56 AM  
Blogger M-Dubb said...

I'm looking forward to Mary J's The Breakthrough. I've heard about four songs, and they've all been hot. That's what happens with you let Diddy do his own thing - and not yours.

Nice post man!

November 11, 2005 5:27 PM  
Blogger @GaryTylone said...

I'm looking forward to see my mommy at christmas and to finally getting some furniture is this apt...also Rent...the trailers make me tear...lol

November 13, 2005 10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter