The Unconquerable Soul

Though one should conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, he who conquers his own self, is the greatest of all conquerors! ~ Gautama Buddha

Thursday, October 27, 2005

My Mom is a Cougar!

We all know about Demi and Ashton, now we have my mom and ?

This morning my mother called me, actually awakening me from my sleep. It was ok, because my mom is my homegirl.

The convo went like this:

"Unconquerable, I'm going on a date on Saturday"
MY EYES ARE WIDE OPEN
"What are you talking about?"
"I'm going on a date on Saturday, I tried to tell you about him, but you quickly dismissed him."

So, I started asking questions about him.. like if he had kids, what he did for a living, etc. So, I finally ask her, "how old is this man?"

She says, "Here is the thing! He is 29!'

STOP THE MADDNESS

Background information: I was conceived the first time my mother had intercourse. In fact it was her prom night. (Yeah, I know some TV stuff, LOL!) When I was in kindergarten my mom married my brother and sisters' father. He was mentally and physically abusive to my entire family, especially my mother. It took my mother ten years to conquer her battered woman's syndrome (this is real and I hope to post on this topic.) Currently, all of my siblings are in college (my brother graduated HS in June.) She still continues to work six days a week as a CNA and is a full-time nursing student; I must mention she made the dean's list last semester. My mother is the most consistent person in my life. I am very proud of her, just like she is extremely proud of me. My mom has shown me unconditional love in its truest from, the bond between a mother and son. She has an Unconquerable Soul.

Today:

My mom has not been on a date since her divorce back in '95. So, this is different for me! Mom never gives out her number to anyone, she kindly says "I rather have your number." My mom is a cutie, so I understand that she may get hit on. But, i would have never imagine in a thousand years that she would tell me that she is going on a date. Well, after much consideration over the past two hours. I'm happy for her!

BBBBBBBUUUUUUTTTTT!

I saw the beginning of the Tyra Banks Show Monday, and the topic was older women that date young men. They call them Cougars.

So, does she have to go on a date with a man that is 13 years her junior? She could have been his mother (SHUT UP! YES, SHE COULD). My brother told her she couldn't go. His 18-year-old azz really thinks he is going to stop her. Well, I know I can, but I'm going to let her go with the flow. If she goes on three dates with this man, I must meet HIM. POINT BLANK!


Momma's First Date! Hmmm! This could get interesting! Hopefully, he has some money to get me an Ipod for Christmas, LOL!

11 Comments:

Blogger Frederick Smith said...

Very fun entry. I hope your mom has the best time. This is so much fun...
fs

October 27, 2005 11:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ok so i saw that same episode as well dude and it was really interesting.

when i get older, if i am not in a relationship with anyone, i pray i never become a cougar (well the gay, male version at least).

why? i dunno, just something about dating someone who is much younger than me. a few years my junior is fine, many years ... well come on now!

anyway, hope mom enjoys herself. i would give so much to be in her shoes being taken out on a date.

i think i would also give anything to have the type of relationship with my mom that you have with yours.

keep us posted!

October 27, 2005 11:34 AM  
Blogger Soldier said...

oh... that's nice. I really hope everything goes well between them because ( considering what you said ) she deserves it.
My parents recently divorced and my " extraordinary " father was alread y living with his girlfriend way before it happened. The day they separated he stopped hiding, it was a shock for everybody.
My mom is a preacher now, and she's single, and she's spending all her time helping others, and she doesn't wanna work anymore, she's... D-E-V-A-S-T-A-T-E-D.
It would be good to know she has somebody to spend some time with, but there's no rush either, we don't need another jerk in the family !

October 27, 2005 1:19 PM  
Blogger Quaheem said...

My parents divorced when I am 16 after 32 years of marriage..so the first time she stepped out on a date it was WEIRD...

Long as she's happy..ROLL WIT IT...You only live once....

October 27, 2005 3:04 PM  
Blogger MZPEACH said...

I think you mom is going to have a good time (at least I hope so). Can't wait for you post about domestic abuse.

October 27, 2005 5:29 PM  
Blogger Ya boy Maurice said...

Well good for her. My mom is married to a white man who 10 years her junior. my siblings and I dont like it but what can we do. IF she likes him then let her do it.

October 27, 2005 6:48 PM  
Blogger Didi Roby said...

Dang gone it! My Mother is one of them Cougars as well...I missed that epi of Tyra...lol:)

Thanks for dropping by my way...I'm still reading over here:)

October 27, 2005 7:55 PM  
Blogger X said...

LOL @ cougars! Happy to hear about Moms. Everybody needs somebody to love. I do think you should check him out, and see what's what. To see if he's trying to get something out of her like a co-signer for a car or if he has a genuine interest in her. I know you checked out my blog recently, and I know you saw this statment: "Everyone is trying to make a fool out of someone else" - it went something like that! Before they have a 3rd date, you and him need to have a 1st date!!! I'm feeling you on that.

October 27, 2005 9:11 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

I don't see anything wrong with it. 13 is not that big of a difference. She deserves to have fun....tell your brother not to push her...parents rebel too.

October 27, 2005 10:17 PM  
Blogger The Divo said...

I have been having the Cougar syndrome lately. So, I can definately get with your moms decision to seek a wholesome start to something happy.

Your description dictates that she needs some type of recreation, and if the youngin has the juice then he is way on the money.

Stay on the side and be open, but also keep your eyes open.

I knew somethings about my moms 2nd husband that I was to afraid to tell her at 11. I will never forgive myself for not being a tad bit protective then.

You will be fine, your are Unconquerable, and you have described her as such. So as a man (or a woman) liveth so shall they reap.

As always in Parting,

I came in Peace and in Peace I leave.

October 27, 2005 11:16 PM  
Blogger Avowed_Southern_Democrat said...

Sounds like you Mom may have postponed her life in order to defer to her kids. Now it is time for the kids to defer to her judgement. The age thing is no biggie in my book (but then I am older and would of course think that, right?). Give her the space to enjoy her life. There is probably room for all of you. Shem hotep.

November 02, 2005 10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter