The Unconquerable Soul

Though one should conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, he who conquers his own self, is the greatest of all conquerors! ~ Gautama Buddha

Monday, October 31, 2005

Weekend Stuff

I had a great weekend.

Saturday: I had an enjoyable time with fellow blogger, Mr. Harris. We went out to dinner in Times Square and discussed everything from politics to church to relationships. Because of Frank's Review, we ended up checking out Hanifah Walidah, one woman show, Black Folks Guide to Black Folks. The show was off the HOOK! She is truly a talented writer and performer.

Afterwards we didn't want to go home, so Mr. Harris and I checked out three movie theaters to find out that Saw 2 had been sold-out. Fortunately, Redd told me about a new Saturday party called Bonafide. It was the promoters first night and we were the first to arrive. I felt like a dork, LOL! After drinking a couple of glasses of Jack & Coke, I was enjoying the people who walked into lounge. I saw a few acquaintences, but I didn't dance at all. That's not normal for me! I was extremely tired and was going to church in the morning, so we ended up leaving at 1am and by then the party was packed. Bonafide is my new Saturday spot! Oh yeah, when we were exiting the club, Sister Eva Pigford, last season's Top Model, was entering. I was so madd, I didnt' get a chance to dance with her, LOL! She looked flawless, and had the nerve to be taller than me, LOL! (she had heels on)

Sunday: I had a church date! Yes, a church date! Actually, a blind church date! We will call this person BNG. BNG and I have been chatting for the past week and we finally decided to meet at my church. BNG is attractive, laid-back, intelligent, witty and very spiritual. After we daparted, I wondered what BNG thought of me. Anyway....

Over the weekend, I had conversations with two special people (bloggers) and I want to say THANK YOU for your friendship!

Tomorrow, "How Momma Got Her Groove Back," an update on my momma's groove thing!

2 Comments:

Blogger Brea said...

Any plans for another date?

October 31, 2005 11:38 AM  
Blogger Soldier said...

At least somebody's having fun !

October 31, 2005 10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter