The Unconquerable Soul

Though one should conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, he who conquers his own self, is the greatest of all conquerors! ~ Gautama Buddha

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Top 5 Wednesdays - Workout

So yesterday, I started to jump rope! Yes, JUMP ROPE! I needed to do some cardio at home and decided jumping rope for twenty minutes would be a great workout. Let me tell y'all, jumping rope is no joke! I swear to goodness, my heart became all tight. Two of my roommates came outside the house and started laughing. Of course, they wanted to jump rope, too. Why did these m-fers(lol) started jumping like they been doing it for years... as if they were Rocky training for a match, doing all those rope tricks, LOL! I'm not gonna lie, I was trying to do some tricks but it didn't work out to well (i have some whelps to prove it, lol).

Afterwards, we started playing catch with a football. Don't sleep! This brotha has skills! Y'all don't know about freshman year starting offense. What? What! Sike nah! Has anyone use a resistance rope? If you don't have weights at home, get one of these ropes!

Anyhow, I decided to start Top Wednesday's (only my readers from my old blog know about this) So today is....


Top Five Fall TV Shows! (Clap your hands!)

5.
Noah's Arc - There are a lot of people that have many negative comments about this show. But, I find it very entertaining and ground breaking! Enough Said!

4.
Top Model - This is my first season that I have watched every episode. This show is serious! I don't know why, but I really really love this show. One thing, Tyra could have chosen better-looking black women. Don't get me wrong, both are pretty, but I just can't see them as a Top Model.

3.
Grey's Anatomy - Created by a Black Woman on Primetime ABC, I must support this show! I loved last season and this season is even better. Sarah Oh ROCKS!

2.
West Wing - I have a background with working in government and political campaigns. Most people in that sector of my life watch this show religiously. In the past couple of years, I have watched it when had the chance. Now, my black behind is in front of a television at 8pm every Sunday. Jimmy Smits and Alan Alda are going to do a live debate on the next episode this Sunday. Watch It!

1.
Commander-in-Chief - This is my favorite new show! The scenarios in this show if a woman were President are very realistic. I love the fact that the show is very progressive. 1. Geena Davis as President. 2. Harry Lennix (y'all remember him from the Five Heartbeats, the one who sung bass) as the chief-of-staff. Can y'all imagine that? A female president and a Black Chief-of-Staff. I must mention that Donald Sutherland plays his role to the tee!

Honorable Mentions: Desperate Housewives (this season is different from the last, but i still like it), Any Law & Order (especially SVU), One-on-One (those kids grew up, yum, lol), Everyone Hates Chris (I wish they changed the time).

What's are your favorite Fall TV Shows?

11 Comments:

Blogger Cash S. said...

I haven't been able to catch Commander-in-Chief, I'll have to try to catch it sometime, it sounds good.

November 02, 2005 11:10 AM  
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Your list sucks...and thanks for the compliment on kool-aid...you drank what, 4 or 5 glasses?

Anyway - You're right about One-On-One, them kids did grow up. That Arnez is HOT TO DEATH!

Coming Into Reality,
-Jamal

PS...thanks for bringing back Top 5 Wednesdays. You're on probation cuz...well, hell - you just are!

November 02, 2005 11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like all the shows you mentioned, but for some reason I keep missing Commander in chief. In addition, we can't leave out Everybody Hates Chris...

November 02, 2005 12:19 PM  
Blogger lj said...

WOW have not seen any of the shows on your list( although I would love to see the Arc), no LOGO here though.
Saw the Halloween ep of Everyody Hates Chris. I'm sold.

November 02, 2005 5:50 PM  
Blogger ShawnQt said...

Top Model and Noah's Arc are my highlights every week!

I want to see Commander and Chief one day, and I love Everyone Hates Chris.

Can't forget my X-Men cartoon on Toon Disney, and Family Guy on Sunday!

[of course i watch adult swim]

November 02, 2005 9:34 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Oh my goodness-the African American women Tyra chosed are very beautiful. Even the two she sent home. That show is great. My favorite shows this year: Law and Order-All of them-, Missing,CIS,CSI-Miami, Everybody Hates Chris-,House and the Big Fat Loser....I need to execise now.

November 03, 2005 12:26 AM  
Blogger Unconquerable Soul said...

My Blog Sisters, I think the black women on Top Model are beautiful, but I can't picture them winning this season.

November 03, 2005 9:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

yo ... yes top model, west wing and commander-in-chief ... i have been west winging it for at least three seasons now ...

man i never knew what i was missing. too bad they put it right up against charmed, another fav of mine since the first season (but i might have to miss charmed for this debate, i hear it is going to be hott)

good list (even though I do not watch noah or grey's)

jump roping it i see? hmmmmm, impressive, kinda hott (wink, wink)

November 03, 2005 5:15 PM  
Blogger Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

I am an America's Next Top Model FANATIC

I have watched every episode since Cycle 2 and they are on cylce 5!

November 03, 2005 5:22 PM  
Blogger Soldier said...

I don't watch TV... maybe one day i will

November 04, 2005 12:18 AM  
Blogger Waddie G. said...

I'm still hooked on Top Model...I want to see Commander-In-Chief, but I haven't made the time to catch it...I know it's on ABC but not sure what time slot.

November 04, 2005 11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter