The Unconquerable Soul

Though one should conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, he who conquers his own self, is the greatest of all conquerors! ~ Gautama Buddha

Monday, November 07, 2005

Random stuff!

Since November 4th, my mother has been out with her new "friend" SEVEN TIMES! I've been very busy, so I only spoke with my mother four times last week (SHUT UP!). So of course my brother & sister called to tell me that they have met the guy and he has come over the house more than once. No over night visits, yet. I'm extremely happy for her. BUT, yesterday I called and asked her if I can take her to the movies to see Jarhead, she kindly declined and said, "I’m going out with my friend today, do you want us to stop by and say hi?" I said, "No, that's ok! Enjoy yourself! I'll talk to you later." I'm not ready to meet him and I don't even think I was ready for her to decline my invitation. I think I'm jealous, LOL!

Saturday, I went to a Hip Hop in Education Conference! I met many young progressive people! There were many people from across North America; I noticed there were not many black attendees. (It made me go, hmmm..) Anyhow, I am a firm believer that we can use hip-hop to educate our youth. Check out
Flocabulary, it’s a program to help young people increase their vocabulary.

West Wing last night was incredible. Smits and Alda rock the house in a live presidential debate! Do I hear Emmy?


I am loving Israel & The New breed latest cd Alive in South Africa. But it is nothing compared to Kirk Franklin's Hero.

I can't believe the holiday season is arriving. I would like to have my shopping completed two weeks before Christmas. We will see! I want an ipod (hint, hint readers) LOL!

Over the weekend, I helped my best friend find an apartment in New England. This brotha came from poverty and just received a very lucrative job. I am very proud of him. While we were apt hunting, I wondered what it would be like if I moved somewhere else. A part of me wants to move somewhere new within a year, but we will see.

Can y'all please check out my boy, Soldiers blog? He is an incredible person that has shared something very personal on his blog recently. Please show him some love! Read the last two entries, they are intense.

Tomorrow is ELECTION DAY! Please do some research and VOTE TOMORROW! IT'S IMPORTANT!

Peace!

9 Comments:

Blogger Meka said...

I don't think I could handle my mother going out on dates. I mean I want her to be happy but that would be really weird for lack of a better word. I haven't seen her with anyone since my father and that was eons ago.
I feel what you're saying about Christmas. It seems as if it's snuck up on me, lol. Good post!

November 07, 2005 11:49 AM  
Blogger Bougie Black Boy said...

yeah i'd be angry and overly jealous if it were my mom.

November 07, 2005 1:24 PM  
Blogger Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

I'm so with you on the jealousy thing my fellow Pisces brotha.

Let me tell you something...

Last month, October 3rd to be exact. My mother of 20 years called me to tell me that she needed me to drive home from school to attend her wedding.

HUH!?!?
Dost thine ears deceive me
Did this woman say WEDDING?

I looked at my cell phone in disbelief. I asked her to repeath herself and she says "Princess, I need you to drive down from school to come be a witness at my wedding"

Oh, so she was serious
"Can't a daughter get a couple years notice?!"

I told her I would call her back, because this was just too much for my heart to bear. My mother has never been married and although she has has boyfriends here and there through my lifetime she has always been my mother and noones wife.
There was NO WAY my mother was going to get married just like that!

So, the next day Im at the wedding right (LOL) and it was pretty ceremony. She was married to a man that loves her and is deserving of her love.

I am happy for her, but as her last child that wasn't easy for me. And the short notice didn't ease my uneasiness at all!

November 07, 2005 1:31 PM  
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

So - u want an iPOD, huh? I wonder when you get one if I can sit in your car and control your iPOD!!! Yea, un huh! Anyway - I think you should probably move away. It's a learning experience that I'm grateful I've had!

Coming Into Reality,
-Jamal

November 07, 2005 3:52 PM  
Blogger Didi Roby said...

My mother has a little dude she is seeing...they are a mess for real:)

I bought a Phillips ipod look alike for less then 100 bucks...well it was 108 w/tax...lol:)

Lol@ mom dating:)

November 08, 2005 3:48 AM  
Blogger Jameil said...

When I first moved to Pittsburgh, there was a hip-hop summit or something like that directed toward reaching black children. I went to an event thinking, this will be a good way for me to meet some Black people. Umm.. yeah, we were definitely in the minority. Wow. Real strange.

November 08, 2005 4:41 PM  
Blogger admin said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

November 08, 2005 5:46 PM  
Blogger Unconquerable Soul said...

why does everyone have an ipod except me... I'm soo upset.. somebody please give me the ipod video.. pretty please

November 08, 2005 6:47 PM  
Blogger Soldier said...

Thx for the shout out man...

November 09, 2005 11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter