The Unconquerable Soul

Though one should conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, he who conquers his own self, is the greatest of all conquerors! ~ Gautama Buddha

Friday, November 18, 2005

Random stuff...

First, I wanted to send thanks to everyone who e-mailed or commented on my Breakdown post. Everyone words are inspirational. Throughout the week, I must have read then over twenty times. It truly put a smile on my face and definitely was the highlight of my week.

I don't know why I have Fantasias' I Believe in my head. I feel JOOD! I've been growing my hair for the past two months and yesterday I cut if off. I bought a notebook to right down my daily task so I won't forget anything. (it is helping with my anxiety. now i don't have to remember everything) I finally saw my ex for the first time since the break-up, it was a pleasant experience. You Go Boy(Ex)! I told someone who i'm starting to deeply care about, my dark insecurities and I received positive feedback (see Bobby's comment). My business (yeah, i got a small business on da side) is about to engage in a new endeavor. And soo much other stuff is going in. One more thing, I woke up this morning with a smile on my face because I'm FLY! NOW, ISN'T GOD GOOD!

***************************************************

I went to the To Be Young, Left And Black: Priorities and Possibilities forum. I absolutely love being around progressive people of all colors. There is a certain level of passion that fills up the room, which makes it worthwhile to go to event like this. The panelists were very honest with their thought-provoking ideas. Two of the panelist expressed the love for James Baldwin. I don't know too much about his political thoughts, but I must seek out some Baldwin knowledge.

Please go out and buy
Letters From Young Activist! I read tons of letters on my commute back home. Like the McDonald's commercial, I'm loving it. (Dang, I should have submitted a letter.)

Big shout out to all that was involved!

*****************************************************

I'm still reading Bayard Rustins' Biography. Oh My Goodness, this brotha was a bad mo fo. He had so much courage and every page inspired me to obtain that.

*****************************************************

I know this may be TMI. I'm taking colon cleanse pills. OMG! It keeps going and going! I don't know how i'm going to make it over the weekend. I KNOW! LOLOL!

It is so cold outside. Dang, why do I need to go shopping? I have no casual winter clothes!

******************************************************

Check out Work.. its a Artist Showcase like no other! Our brothers Ray and SE7EN do the dang thing!

Am I the only black person who wants to see Walk the Line and the New Harry Potter film?


PIMP OUR SHYT... da post

Coming Today Friday.... hopefully i'm working on it.. LOL

9 Comments:

Blogger Stephen A. Bess said...

I'm glad to hear that things went well at the forum. Yes, James Baldwin was a remarkable man. There is a book by James Campbell called Talking at the Gates: A Life of James Baldwin that is very good. Baldwin's commentary on civil and human rights were brilliant. He was truly a great man. I'll have to check out that Bayard Rustin book as well. Rustin and Baldwin were both excellent examples of activisim.

November 18, 2005 11:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

congrats to you for growth and vulnerability.

it is always good to have people around you to support you and tell you how it is ...

hey i feel ya on the "cleansing"

do what ya must!

have a good weekend man!

November 18, 2005 12:24 PM  
Blogger Marz said...

You aren't the only black person who wants to see either of those movies. I love Mrs. Witherspoon, and the fourth Harry Potter book was the absolute best in my opinion.

God Bless

-Marz

November 18, 2005 12:25 PM  
Blogger Soldier said...

TMI !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maaan u love us too much, thx for sharing with us but DAMN brotha !
lol
im goin to see Harry Potter tonite maybe... if my friends dont argue again at the restaurant be4 we go !

November 18, 2005 1:09 PM  
Blogger Clay said...

i love rustin - im reading Baldwin's essay on sex and god -- it is great. glad you are feeling better.

November 18, 2005 5:21 PM  
Blogger Didi Roby said...

A friend of mine is readin Rustin's right now...Glad ur'e better:)

you are not the only blk person in that harry potter line trust and know...:)

November 19, 2005 12:53 PM  
Blogger admin said...

Colon cleansing!! I haven't researched this. Does it make you feel better?

November 20, 2005 12:54 PM  
Blogger ShawnQt said...

glad your reading up on inspiring people... amazing how we can see something different in them, yet still them in us.

November 20, 2005 4:28 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Glad that you are feeling better and is back into the swing of things......

November 20, 2005 10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter