The Unconquerable Soul

Though one should conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, he who conquers his own self, is the greatest of all conquerors! ~ Gautama Buddha

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Salut! LOL (inside joke)

Greetings!

I've been extremely busy and wanted to post something. I recieved this forward today and wanted to share it with you. My thanksgiving recap is coming up shortly.

Brace yourself, this is sad and I almost didn't send it but when I think of how wasteful we can be, I changed my mind. Let us pray for others as never before, because in spite of "it all," we are all blessed people!

This guy won an award for taking this pic!!! please read carefully..........

Click on the picture in order to read the caption...


Dear God,

I promise I will never waste my food no matter how bad it tastes and how full I may be. I pray that He will protect this little boy, guide and deliver him away from his misery. I pray that we will be more sensitive towards the world around us and not be blinded by our own selfish nature and interests.

I hope this picture will always serve as a reminder to us that how fortunate we are and that we must never ever take things for granted.

Please don't break... keep on forwarding to your friends. Let's pray for all those suffering around the globe and send this friendly reminder to others...

Think & look at this...when you complain about your food and the food we waste daily........

6 Comments:

Blogger Soldier said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

November 29, 2005 5:53 PM  
Blogger Soldier said...

now that's REALITY !

La seule chose qui me vient à l'esprit maintenant, c'est : " merci "...
Merci de ne pas ignorer la douleur, la souffrance des autres ! Ça n'a l'air de rien mais c'est le premier pas à faire avant de pouvoir aider les autres...
C'est égoïste et lâche de vivre comme si ces problèmes n'existaient pas...

Je suis fier de toi !

Now get a translator LOL

November 29, 2005 6:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I agree with soldier. But more than realizing that these problems exist around us, many of us are called to do something about it. NOT EVERYONE, let's be clear. Not everyone is here on the earth to cure world hunger. But if doesn't start with me, with you, with someone, who will it start with?

No, ignoring it won't make it go away. But neither will becoming obsessed and depressed over it. What can you do? Give 5 cents to the next homeless person you meet without getting mad at him and wishing he wouldn't bug you. Give a dollar to the lady in the subway who says she has 3 kids and no job. Give five bucks to the man shouting in the subway that he's homeless and hungry. Give a quarter to the blind man with the dog. Send a 20 dollar check to Red Cross, UNICEF, the UN. It's that easy.

If you don't want to spend money, volunteer time. Send out positive thoughts. Sign a petition. Write a legislative bill. You can do something. Yes you! And me! If each of us stepped one inch, we would travel about 95,000 miles.

So please, take a step towards ending world hunger. You're really not being asked to do much. Just step an inch. (I promise I'll do my part).

November 29, 2005 6:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wow, now when you say deep!

stuff like that changes your life some!

November 29, 2005 8:36 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

This is so sad. We cry over sillly things that are so stupid when you see something like this....so sad

November 30, 2005 3:31 AM  
Blogger Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

I've seen this a while ago and everytime it still hurts my heart.

I posted something similar in the past.

Check it out
http://jenellybean.blogspot.com/2005/10/zimbabwe-famine.html

December 01, 2005 12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter