The Unconquerable Soul

Though one should conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, he who conquers his own self, is the greatest of all conquerors! ~ Gautama Buddha

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

God's Grace and Mercy

When I think of God's Grace and Mercy...

I left my hands with praise.

Throughout my life I have lied, cheated, stolen, fought, cursed along with many other sins. And still I sin. Of course now it's to a lesser degree, but still I SIN. My spiritual growth this year has opened my eyes to God's Grace and Mercy.

M-W.com says

Mercy: is a blessing that is an act of divine favor or compassion

Grace: an unmerited divine assistance given humans for their regeneration or sanctification

Tears start to form when I think about how I always knew God is the reason why I get up every morning, yet I ignored him. When I may have been stressed, horny, felt unloved, or broke, I forgot about his unwavering LOVE, GRACE and MERCY.

Because of God's Mercy, I am here today. So many things could have happen to me. I've had many dark moments in my life. Many times I fought my battles alone. Well, I was thinking I was alone, but my Heavenly Father was there protecting me, giving me the strength to conquer my trials and tribulations. Right now I'm feeling undeserving yet grateful.

Kirk Franklin's, Could've Been says

"It could've been me with no clothes, no shoes and no food to eat/ It could've been me, without Your love/ Lord tell me where would I be/ It could been// Me in the cold with (everything gone)/ No house, no job (outside of alone)/ Sitting trying to figure out (where I went wrong)"

I am eternally grateful for all of my present hardships because I can visualize my VICTORY!

I may not have everything that I want, but God's Grace has given me more than I need to follow HIS PLAN. He didn't have to do it! But, God did! All I can say is Thank YOU!

So I leave you with the words of I Won't Complain. May God continue to bless you!

I Won't Complain

I have some good days
I have some hills to climb
I've had some weary days
I've had some sleepless nights

But when I look around
and think things over
All of my good days
outweigh my bad days

I won't complain.

15 Comments:

Blogger ClayStarr said...

And I say, "Lord I thank you." Be blessed my friend.

December 20, 2005 10:27 AM  
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Well, um - the doors of the church are now open!

Coming Into Reality,
-Jamal

December 20, 2005 12:04 PM  
Blogger Cash S. said...

lol at Jamal. That was a great post!

December 20, 2005 12:43 PM  
Blogger admin said...

What's wrong, sir?

December 20, 2005 10:09 PM  
Blogger N4R said...

GOD is GOOD...

December 20, 2005 11:13 PM  
Blogger lj said...

Really like the poem at the end.

December 21, 2005 11:52 AM  
Blogger Stephen A. Bess said...

Peace & blessings Soul

December 21, 2005 2:36 PM  
Blogger Waddie G. said...

God is so good to us...It seems like you're experiencing a breakthrough.

December 21, 2005 3:11 PM  
Blogger Stone said...

Thanks man I will remember to thank "Him" because he is truly good to me also.

December 21, 2005 9:58 PM  
Blogger ShawnQt said...

I join in your testimony so that if god hears ur words, that god's energy blesses me as well.

December 22, 2005 10:16 AM  
Blogger The Divo said...

Ok,
I did not post to this message when I first read it, cause I was in tears because it mirrored exactly the sentiment that I have been experiencing in the past couple of days.

So, I was a wrung sponge when I read this. I feel all of you in this post, and this is not the first time that GOD has made us kindred in these experiances.

I recieve it an honor to be apart of the blessings and grace of GOD.

Spread his Love....

December 22, 2005 2:36 PM  
Blogger jakalof said...

I can't add anything to those comments! Its real. Its authentic. More power and love to ya!

December 22, 2005 11:47 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Really enjoyed this post. It really put things in perpective. Sometimes we forget how good God has been. Yet if we look at others and the problems that they are going through then you can really see that your problems were small. God is good and I won't complain. Thank you for this reminder and have a great Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

December 23, 2005 12:19 AM  
Blogger Rod said...

Thanks for the beautiful inspiration. You can always be counted on to say something introspective.

December 26, 2005 1:12 PM  
Blogger M-Dubb said...

God is good... All the time...

And while we're at it...

TAG!

http://marlonawalker.blogspot.com/
2005/12/tag-im-it.html

December 26, 2005 1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter